- The Session met in its regularly called meeting on Thursday, June 8.
- We continued our Elder Leadership Training by considering Chapter 5-7 of Jane Overstreet’s The Unleader: The Surprising Qualities of a Valuable Leader. This book draws out positive leadership qualities by comparing the leadership of Saul and David. We then spent time in prayer for the congregation.
- The Diaconate reported to the Session that the Church will be re-keyed.
- The Session continued its discussion on Shepherding Groups, and the Elders have committed to pray regularly for the members of our groups.
- The Session approved the Diaconate recommendation to engage Barringer & Barringer to install an irrigation system for the newly planted shrubbery resulting from our Building for the Future Campaign.
- NEXT MEETING & UPCOMING EVENTS: Thursday, August 10, 2017
August 20 Dr. Paul Maurer, President Montreat College, preaching, with lunch to follow, on “The Crisis in High Education”
September 9-10 Jim Singleton
October 12 Ellie Holcomb concert
November 3-5 Men’s Retreat at Valle Crucis
December 3 Andy Smith returning to preach
John Allison, Clerk of Session